Our Industry. Our People. Your Charity.
We’re here to help.
Once you’ve determined you are eligible for help, according to the Criteria and Eligibility Guidelines outlined below, fill out the application form.
Your application should include:
• Cover letter explaining why you are seeking financial assistance due to a health/medical condition
• Supporting medical documents
• Current resume showing at least two years of working in hospitality in British Columbia
You can also print and mail to:
BC Hospitality Foundation
c/o BCHF Charitable Applicant Liaison
PO Box 34543 Pemberton Plaza PO, 1268 Marine Drive
North Vancouver, BC
Email: Lucy Cayuela – lucy [at] bchospitalityfoundation.com
Criteria & Eligibility Guidelines
The BCHF provices financial assistance related to a medical condition.
In order to be eligible for funding, applicants must live in BC and work within (or have worked within) the food, beverage, and hospitality industry, or in an industry directly related to it for at least two years. Work in hospitality should be the applicant’s main source of income. For example:
• Working in a hotel, restaurant, pub, night club, coffee shop, butcher
• Fooservice or beverage alcohol distribution, sales, marketing, or retailer
• Foodservice or beverage alcohol producer, including wineries, breweries and distilleries
• Media, PR, and consultants related to any of the above
As well, funded recipients should agree to allow the Foundation to publicly and respectfully share their names and stories. This will help us promote and grow the foundation’s visibility, credibility, and ultimately, the trust fund.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate their financial need for support and that all medical, benefit plans and other insurances have been exhausted. Requests must be specific, tangible, and finite in scope, and arise from a specific medical circumstance (injury, disability and/or rehabilitation).
There is a financial limit to any one award, based on each individual case and the availability of funds.