Applicants must have exhausted all other avenues of support in order to be eligible for assistance from our organization. This includes Employment Insurance and extended health benefits. The BCHF does not cover lost wages.
In some cases we will match funds raised at third-party events organized by an Applicant’s employer and/or friends and colleagues. We utilize our limited funds to support those who need our help the most: these are often individuals experiencing life-or-death situations with critical medical needs, who would be facing homelessness without our help.
If you are interested in applying for financial assistance from the BCHF, please review the Criteria and Eligibility Guidelines below.
Your application must also include:
- A cover letter explaining why you are seeking financial assistance due to a health/medical condition
- Supporting medical documents
- Your current resume showing that you have worked in BC’s hospitality industry for at least two years within the past five years.
You can also print and mail to:
BC Hospitality Foundation
c/o BCHF Charitable Applicant Liaison
PO Box 34543 Pemberton Plaza PO, 1268 Marine Drive
North Vancouver, BC
Email: Lucy Cayuela – lucy [at] bchospitalityfoundation.com
Criteria & Eligibility Guidelines
In order to be eligible for funding, applicants must live in BC and work within (or have worked within) the food, beverage, and hospitality industry, or in an industry directly related to it, for at least two years. Work in hospitality should provide the applicant’s main source of income. For example:
- Working in a hotel, restaurant, pub, night club, coffee shop
- Foodservice or beverage alcohol distribution, sales, marketing, or retail
- Foodservice or beverage alcohol producer, including wineries, breweries and distilleries
- Media, PR, and consultants related to any of the above
As well, funded recipients will be asked whether they agree to allow the Foundation to publicly and respectfully share their names and stories. This will help us promote and grow the foundation’s visibility and credibility, and ultimately our trust fund.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate their financial need for support and that all medical and benefit plans and other insurance options have been exhausted. Requests must be specific, tangible, and finite in scope, arising from a specific medical circumstance (injury, disability and/or rehabilitation).
There is a financial limit to any one award, based on each individual case and the availability of funds.