A waitress and bartender from New Westminster, Shannon was hit by a skiier in April 2015 while snowboarding on Blackcomb, shattering her C5 vertebrae.
A worker at the 19 Okanagan Grill + Bar in Kelowna, Lyndon had to take time off for wrist surgery.
Diagnosed with cancer a number of years ago, it then moved through Marcio’s body, which led to the need for further treatment.
Numerous health problems related to arthritis and severe asthma meant that a new motorized scooter was required for Bernice to get around.
Our latest news…
- Macaron Day in Vancouver 2023Macaron Day in Vancouver 2023 Where: Mon Paris Patisserie (4396 Beresford St., Burnaby) Cause: In honour of this annual meaningful event, Mon Paris … Read more
- Beneficiary StoriesThese stories cover 2019 to August 8, 2023 Server – has worked in the hospitality industry for over 40 years. … Read more
- Life As a Ship’s CookBy Rebecca Marshall Rebecca Marshall is a grateful recipient of the BCHF Kristopher Bihis scholarship, which allowed her to complete … Read more
- Online Lottery Prizes in support of the BCHFVICTORIA, B.C. – Destination Greater Victoria, The BC Hospitality Foundation and BC Restaurant and Food Services Association – Victoria Chapter … Read more
- BCHF 2023 Scholarship Program accepting applicationsMost scholarship applications are open until March 31. Read the news release at https://conta.cc/3GCiwZH
- Hotels to Help online lottery in support of the BCHF
- Mental Health upcoming webinars
- 2022 Beneficiary Stories
- TACO VINO event – less than 100 tickets left!After two long years, the BC Wine, Cider & Spirits Festival is back with TACO VINO- A Mexican themed BC Wine, Cider, Spirits & Beer Tasting and it is about to … Read more
- Webinar – Supporting Mental Health in the Restaurant IndustyRegistration is now open for the upcoming online webinar; ‘Supporting Mental Health in the Restaurant Industry’ presented by #FairKitchens. It will take … Read more
- Mental health & Wellbeing at Work – A (Top) Chef’s PerspectiveIn honour of World Tourism Day, BC’s Hub for Workplace Mental Health is excited to celebrate the Hospitality & Tourism … Read more
- 2022-2023 Board of DirectorsThe BC Hospitality Foundation is proud to announce the 2022/2023 Board of Directors and would like to recognize and appreciate … Read more