Welcome to the Autumn 2018 issue of the BCHF newsletter. This is my third newsletter intro, and I’d like to start by saying how much I am loving what we are doing together as a hospitality community. It is incredibly rewarding to have a leadership role in an organization that delivers on its promise to help people, and gives back to the industry that’s so important to the province of British Columbia. The more I get to know our volunteers, industry partners, and donors, the more impressed I am by their generosity and can-do attitude.
In looking back at a very busy summer, which included two golf tournaments as well as multiple other fundraisers, I think one of the things I learned was that it’s essential for us to continue to get out and connect with people in our community. From Victoria to the Okanagan to Prince George, we need to engage with hospitality partners, workers, and leaders to ensure they know about our organization and to inspire them to join our efforts.
We are in the midst of completing our strategic planning exercise with Two Way Consulting, and I’m pleased to report that the initiative is receiving lots of support from our Board and Executive. We’re committed to getting the most we can out of the process, so we’ll be measuring our progress in reaching the goals we’ve set, and the consultant will be checking in on us twice a year to make sure we’re on track.
One of the reasons the BCHF had such a successful summer of fundraising was because we received amazing support from our industry partners. I’d like to give a big shout out to the following:
- Alliance of Beverage Licensees (ABLE BC)
- BC Craft Breweries Guild
- British Columbia Hotel Association
- British Columbia Restaurant & Food Services Association (BCRFA)
- Hotel Association of Vancouver – Hotels to Help
- Hotel Association of Greater Victoria – Scholarships
- Import Vintners & Spirits Association (IVSA) – Tastings
- Okanagan Wine Festivals
- Restaurants Canada
- Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association (TOTA) – Golf
- Tourism Vancouver – Charity of Choice, Dine Out
- Tourism Victoria – Golf and Charity of Choice
- Wines of British Columbia
The Foundation just reached $1M given away, and as proud as we are of this achievement, I’m equally excited about what we can do in the future.