Since 2011, the BCHF and the Chefs’ Table Society of BC have partnered together to present culinary scholarships to support the next generation of leaders. The program has since supported 20 students enrolled in related culinary programs.
The 2016 awards were presented last month at an invite-only presentation and catered lunch at the White Spot ‘Dunsmuir Hub’ in downtown Vancouver, the largest White Spot restaurant in Canada.
This year’s winners are:
* Anita Bolton (Baking and pastry arts program), Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts
* Derek Booth (culinary arts student) Okanagan College
* Myles Glover (Ace-it student) Coast Mountain School District
* Amanda Rizzo (Culinary management student) Vancouver Island University
* Cassidy Craig Watters (Culinary program) Northwest Culinary Academy
The annual culinary scholarships are sponsored by Sysco Vancouver, Gordon Food Service, and Xclusively BC. Up to five $1,000 scholarships are awarded every year. The event was sponsored by White Spot (lunch), Evolve Cellars (sparkling wine) and Kathy Fitzpatrick (photography).
For more information visit our scholarship page.